B&B Family Farm
With over 10,000 lavender plants in the ground, it’s not surprising that it takes three generations of the McCloskey clan to keep things going.
Their 100-year-old barn provides the northern backdrop to thousands of lavender plants with a breathtaking view of the Olympic Mountains to the south.
Free tours are offered all summer to demonstrate and explain how lavender is grown, processed, cleaned, and distilled.
Occupying 12 acres just north of Sequim, B&B Family Farm has been in operation since 2013. Though they started with no prior knowledge or experience with lavender, the family has applied hard work, extensive research, and a true passion for the marvelous purple-flowered plant, expanding the farm’s production, developing a one-of-a-kind bud-cleaning machine (the “Jitterbud”), and winning multiple awards for lavender oils they distill on site.
Grosso, Royal Velvet, Folgate, Royal Purple, Maillete, Melissa, Ana Luisa, Hidcote Pink, Betty’s Blue, Nana, White Alba, Provence are among the varieties of lavender grown and processed on the farm.
The farm is open to the public everyday May-September and prides itself on its free farm tours, offering a unique educational experience to visitors.
B&B Family Farm Gift Shoppe is located on the farm, in the old chicken coop.
The Shoppe features all the hand-made lavender products that Kristy and Bonnie make on-site as well as unique art created by local artists.
Along with several varieties of naturally grown lavender bunches, buds, and essential oils, other unique items include lavender aftershave, body socks, gardener’s hand cream and plane pouches.
The Shoppe is open 7 days a week 9-5 May through September.
- Washington Lavender2018-05-01T10:11:25-07:00
- B&B Family Farm2018-04-30T20:04:16-07:00
- Jardin du Soleil2018-04-30T20:02:43-07:00
- Kitty B’s2018-04-30T20:00:56-07:00
- Lavender Connection2018-05-08T21:53:57-07:00
- Lost Mountain2018-04-30T19:59:47-07:00
- Martha Lane Lavender2018-04-30T19:58:46-07:00
- Olympic Lavender Company2018-07-05T23:08:35-07:00
- Purple Haze Lavender2018-04-30T19:56:31-07:00
- Victor’s Lavender2018-04-30T19:55:03-07:00